All our Hampstead and Alexandra Palace classes are currently running and they’re as busy as always, but I just wanted to update everyone on the measures we’re taking to best manage the changing coronavirus situation.
- We’re keeping on eye on Government advice. We will implement any further measures as advised and communicate to you as clearly as possible.
- We would ask that if you are feeling unwell, then please follow the NHS guidelines and refrain from attending a class should you be advised to self-isolate.
- The best way to minimise the likelihood of cross-infection is to avoid unneccesary personal contact in the classes and to use your own equipment. Most Nordic walkers have their own poles. If you don’t have your own poles, and don’t wish to purchase your own, I have purchased new Nordic straps to sell on at cost. These are £20 for the pair and I strongly recommend that you purchase a pair – just ask your instructor at your next class. (The loan straps will still be available and will be washed between uses but please be aware that the frequency of classes may result in loan straps being unavailable.)
- We have provided disinfectant wipes to wipe down pole handles BEFORE and AFTER use. We are struggling to stock up on these wipes so can I ask that the wipes are torn in half, and just used once per pair of poles?
- if you are using our poles, please wash your hands before use. The Spaniards Inn toilets should be open from Tuesday.
We all recognise the physical, mental, emotional and social health benefits of the Nordic walking classes on Hampstead Heath and in Alexandra Park. We are blessed with having access to such beautiful open spaces; our opportunity to exercise together without being confined indoors is a real plus and we will do everything to maintain our timetable. If you intend to come to a class, please do book in (remember, you can always cancel your class) as this helps us communicate any class-specific changes.
If you have any specific questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me on 07989 967459 or email@example.com.
Stay well. See you soon.